Dmail has pioneered innovative storage methods on the BNB Greenfield platform, offering decentralized cloud storage, email data storage, and application models based on storage economy models. These solutions provide users with secure, private, and reliable storage services while utilizing economic incentives to manage and upgrade storage quotas efficiently.
Fully Public Shared Storage
Dmail has introduced a fully public shared storage method on BNB Greenfield. For each user, a publicly readable bucket is created based on the hash value of their user ID. This enables anyone to access and read the data stored in that bucket. Additionally, Dmail incorporates a CDN system based on public content outside the system, enhancing file accessibility and download speeds. The following steps outline the underlying storage process:
- Create Bucket: Dmail generates a new bucket for each user using the BNB Greenfield API or SDK. Buckets act as logical containers for data storage within BNB Greenfield.
- Set Permissions: The permissions of the newly created bucket are set to public, granting read access to anyone interested in the data stored within the bucket.
- Upload Data: Users can upload the data they wish to share to their respective buckets.
Privately Controlled Storage with Permission Control
Dmail has implemented a privately controlled storage method on BNB Greenfield. For each user, a private bucket is created based on the hash value of their user ID, ensuring that only the creating user can access and read the data stored within the bucket. The following steps outline the underlying storage process:
- Create Bucket: A new bucket is created for each Dmail user using the BNB Greenfield API or SDK.
- Set Permissions: The permissions of the newly created bucket are set to private, allowing only the creating user to access and manage the data stored within the bucket.
- Manage Permissions: The system utilizes the permission management feature of BNB Greenfield to grant access to specific accounts or groups for enhanced collaboration.
- Upload Data: Users can securely upload and store their private data within their dedicated buckets.
Contract with Capacity Control
Dmail has devised a contract on BNB Greenfield to manage user capacity limits and enable storage capacity upgrades through the BNB Greenfield economic model. The following steps outline the underlying process:
- Create Smart Contract: Dmail establishes a smart contract on BNB Smart Chain to effectively manage user storage capacities. This contract defines storage capacity limits for each user and provides a callable function for users to modify their capacity limits.
- Set Capacity Limits: Initial storage capacity limits are set for each user within the smart contract. When a user attempts to upload data exceeding their capacity limit, the contract rejects the request based on their current total capacity.
- Upgrade User Capacity: The smart contract includes an upgrade function that allows users to increase their storage capacity by specifying their user address and the desired new capacity limit. This function updates the corresponding values in the contract.
- Check Capacity Limit: Before users upload data, the Dmail system verifies if they have reached their capacity limit. This step is handled by the Dmail system rather than the contract.
In addition to these storage methods, Dmail provides three application models based on BNB Greenfield:
Decentralized Cloud Storage
Dmail empowers users to leverage decentralized cloud storage within the Dmail system. Users can securely store files on the blockchain and efficiently manage them through BNB Greenfield. Furthermore, Dmail ensures the security and privacy of decentralized cloud storage through BNB Greenfield's privacy controls. The key features of this application model include:
- Cloud Storage Activation: Dmail users can activate a cloud storage account within their email account, ensuring seamless access across different devices and sessions.
- File Upload: Users can select files through the Dmail cloud storage interface and securely upload them to the cloud. In reality, these files are stored on the BNB Greenfield storage.
- File Download: Users can easily download the files they have uploaded from the cloud storage.
- File Management: Users have the ability to view all files stored in the cloud storage, including details such as file names, sizes, and upload times.
- File Sharing and Permission Control: Users can generate links to share their files with others and set access permissions (bucket) for the files, such as public, private, or restricted to specific users.
- File Version Control: Dmail saves older versions of files, allowing users to view and restore previous versions when necessary.
- Storage Space Management: Users can monitor their used storage space and available storage space. If needed, they can purchase additional storage capacity.
Email Data Storage
Dmail offers users the ability to create an application within the Dmail system for storing email content and allowing recipients and senders to securely access it. The key features of this application model include:
- Email Sending: Senders can compose emails and send them to recipients. The email content is securely stored in the sender's private storage.
- Email Storage: When a sender sends an email, the application creates a new object on BNB Greenfield to store the email's content. This object is securely stored within the sender's private bucket.
- Permission Granting: The application grants recipients permission to read the email content by setting access permissions for the object on BNB Greenfield.
- Email Reception: Recipients can conveniently view the received emails. When they open an email, the application retrieves the content of the email from BNB Greenfield.
- Email Deletion: Users can easily delete emails they no longer require, freeing up storage space. When a user deletes an email, the corresponding object is removed from BNB Greenfield.
Storage Economy Model based on BNB Greenfield
Dmail enables users to leverage the BNB Greenfield platform for managing the entire storage-related system, incorporating an economic model for efficient resource utilization. The key features of this application model include:
- Economic Management: Users can manage their storage capacities and resource allocation efficiently using the BNB Greenfield economic model.
- Incentive Mechanisms: Dmail's storage economy model provides incentives for users to make efficient use of their storage capacities, allowing for better utilization and resource allocation.
- Scalability and Flexibility: The storage economy model based on BNB Greenfield ensures scalability and adaptability to accommodate growing user demands.
- Resource Optimization: Users can optimize their storage resources based on their specific needs, minimizing wastage and maximizing cost-effectiveness.
With these innovative application models based on BNB Greenfield, Dmail revolutionizes storage solutions, providing users with secure, private, and efficient storage capabilities while harnessing the potential of the BNB Greenfield platform.