Stay Notified and Connected!
Imagine a world where emails are not just a means to send messages but also to transfer on-chain assets, mint NFTs, and subscribe to quality projects in the crypto world. This is no longer a futuristic dream but a reality, thanks to Dmail, a decentralized email system.
Dmail’s innovative blockchain infrastructure is revolutionizing Web3 communication. You see, Dmail isn't just a theoretical framework, or a proof of concept with lofty promises, or an experiment waiting for financial backers. It's a fully operational ecosystem that integrates smoothly with Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon, Conflux, and KCC.
Dmail's traction since its beta release last year is significant, with over 300,000 on-chain Dmail domain accounts and over 185,000 independent addresses. Boasting a daily active user base of 33,000 and a monthly active user base of 175,000, Dmail has already processed an impressive 6 million message transactions. These numbers testify to Dmail's rapid adoption and demonstration of utility in the ever-evolving Web3 landscape.
This comprehensive guide will dive into what Dmail is, the game-changing products and services it offers, and how it's already making waves in the broader digital world.
Dmail: Your Gateway to the Web3 World
Designed for the Web 3.0 era, Dmail is a novel blend of email and blockchain technology that offers a secure, efficient, and decentralized alternative to traditional email services.
But what does that mean, and how does Dmail work?
You can think of Dmail as an upgraded version of the emails we use today, but with a twist.
It's built on top of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), the technology that allows us to send and receive emails. Dmail also adds a new layer of application based on the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) standard, which is used in emails to support text in different character sets and multimedia content.
But what makes Dmail so unique, however, is that it integrates a complete set of blockchain data structures to solve issues associated with traditional email services, like security and centralization.
The Tech Behind Dmail
Dmail employs three core technologies:
- WASM Virtual Machine: A virtual machine is like a computer within a computer. The WASM virtual machine is special because it's memory-safe, can work on all types of CPU architectures, and doesn't increase memory consumption. This means it can run code efficiently and securely.
- Core Blockchain Mechanism: Dmail uses a method known as Proof of Stake (PoS) to record transactions. This method is more energy-efficient than the one used by Bitcoin, for instance. It also incorporates a penalty system to ensure all participants in the network are honest and trustworthy.
- Distributed Storage: Just like a warehouse that stores goods in different sections, Dmail divides the email message into two parts: the header and the body. The header is recorded directly on the blockchain, while the body is stored in different 'containers' using a method called BigMap. This ensures a balance of storage security and rapid space expansion.
A Secure Email System
In traditional email services, information is stored on central servers, which can lead to data loss or leaks. Dmail, however, ensures high-level data security.
By dividing the header and the message body of an email and storing them separately in a decentralized manner. The body of the email is also encrypted with a token, which means only the sender and receiver can read it. This is an example of an applied Trusted Execution Environment (TEE).
A Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) is a secure area sectioned off within a main computer processor. Each TEE guarantees the confidentiality and integrity of code and data loaded inside it. That’s why TEEs are commonly used in mobile devices, network routers, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices like sensors, gadgets, and smart appliances.
One common example of TEE is Intel's Software Guard Extensions (SGX). SGX allows user-level as well as operating system code to define private regions of memory, called enclaves, which are designed to be protected from processes running at higher privilege levels.
Thanks to the use of TEE's, Dmail can send and receive email from both Web2 and Web3 mailbox systems. TEE is integrated directly into Dmail's SMTP, safeguarding against unauthorized access and leaks. Major applications of TEE in Dmail include encryption/decryption of email content, key authentication, and the prevention of data breaches and data tampering.
Exciting New Features in Dmail
Dmail also boasts some pretty cool features that traditional email simply can’t offer:
- NFT Email Domain Name: Users can register domain names that can be showcased or minted as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). This means your email address could become a unique, tradeable asset!
- Asset Transfer Feature: Say goodbye to the days when emails were just for sending messages. With Dmail, you can transfer on-chain assets, such as cryptocurrencies, through emails.
- Subscription Feature: Interested in staying updated with quality crypto projects? Dmail introduces a subscription feature that lets you access the latest information about new high-quality projects across the crypto world.
Dmail’s Groundbreaking Services
The Dmail Network bridges the communication gap in the Web3 ecosystem with a host of services.
DID Cross-Chain Encrypted Communication
Dmail enables seamless communication between users with Web3 DIDs across chains, thus removing restrictions imposed by public chains. It acts as an aggregator of multi-chain domain name services, resolving the domain names of all major public chains.
DaaS is a Web3 user management and communication tool based on Dmail's notification and subscription functions. It provides services such as building user systems and driving activity for Web3 networks, wallets, dApps, DAOs, and so on. It's a unique offering for organizations or businesses looking to build their user systems and drive activity in the Web3 sphere.
Mail Notify is a messaging service for both users and dApps. It delivers messages that users care about in real-time, thereby enhancing user engagement.
Dmail’s Mail Notify system monitors wallet movements, asset transfers, and security alerts related to your account or associated blockchain transactions. When such an event occurs, the system automatically generates a notification message for you. The goal is to inform you about any changes as quickly as possible, allowing for immediate action if needed to protect your assets or respond to market changes. Because Dmail operates in the Web3 space, mail notify is secure and preserves your privacy, in line with the ethos of blockchain decentralization.
How Mail Notify Preserves Your Privacy
Dmail preserves privacy using blockchain verification with Zero-Knowledge Proofs (ZKP).
Zero-Knowledge Proofs are a method by which one party (the prover) can prove to another party (the verifier) that they know a specific piece of information without revealing that information. For example, imagine a tunnel with two openings and a locked door halfway through it that can only be opened by a security code.
Without knowing the security code yourself, you can still verify whether someone else knows it by sending them into one tunnel opening and asking them to exit from the other. That would constitute a ZKP that the other person knows the security code.
In the context of Dmail, the concept of ZKP works in much the same way, except with cryptographic network keys and blockchain connections instead of tunnels and locked doors. Dmail uses ZPK to bridge Web2 and Web3 identities anonymously, using third-party service providers for verification.
OpenAI Powered Assistant
One of Dmail’s standout services is the AI Assistant, powered by ChatGPT4. It enhances message editing, replying, organization, and marketing capabilities, providing intelligent email receiving, sending, and reply generation based on users' descriptions and original text. To promote user engagement, the AI Assistant presently offers ten free trials for all users. Points earned from daily email activities and user referrals can also be used to offset AI costs.
In the future, Dmail plans to further enhance the AI Assistant service by including features like voice-to-text, quick replies, auto-filling, intelligent search, and user scenario templates.
Dmail Makes Waves Across Web3
Dmail’s impressive array of services and formidable momentum have been made possible by a strong foundation of partnerships and support.
Dmail has been the recipient of grants from high-profile entities like BNB Chain and Polygon, and has secured funding from prestigious venture capital firms, including HashKey Capital, Amino Capital, Draper Dragon, and KuCoin Labs. Dmail's position as a key player in the Web3 digital identity ecosystem is solidified by over 80 collaborations, including alliances with ENS, Unstoppable, and SpaceID.
To showcase Dmail's unwavering dedication to pushing the boundaries of Web3 innovation, we are also thrilled to announce Dmail’s recent and seamless integration of Worldcoin, a visionary project co-founded by Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI. As pioneers in the Web3 arena, Dmail takes immense pride in being the inaugural Web3 communication protocol to integrate our product with Worldcoin. This significant milestone achievement not only expands our network but also propels us towards the creation of a next-generation digital citizenship infrastructure.
Conclusion: Dmail is Much More than Just Decentralized Email
Dmail is leading the way in the Web3 communication space with its advanced technology and unique services. It is an excellent tool for anyone interested in the benefits of secure, private communication across chains. With an ever-expanding user base and plans for future enhancements, Dmail is set to continue its impressive growth.
To sum everything up, here are your key takeaways for Dmail:
- Impressive Backing: Dmail has received grant support from renowned entities such as BNB Chain and Polygon. Our funding partners include esteemed venture capital firms such as HashKey Capital, Amino Capital, Draper Dragon, KuCoin Labs, and many others.
- Extensive Partnerships: With over 80 partnerships already in place, including collaborations with Worldcoin, ENS, Unstoppable, and SpaceID, Dmail has already established itself as a leading player in the Web3 digital identity ecosystem.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Dmail utilizes advanced technologies such as ZK (Zero Proof of Knowledge) and TEE (Trusted Execution Environment) to ensure secure and private communication. We have integrated with Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon, Conflux, and KCC, among other chains.
- Impressive Growth: Dmail has gained significant traction, boasting more than 295K on-chain Dmail domain accounts and over 185K independent addresses. We currently process 5.1 million message transactions monthly, with a daily active user base of 33K and a monthly active user base of 175K.
- Unique Services: Our offerings include DID cross-chain encrypted communication, DaaS (DID-as-a-Service) for Web3 user management and communication tools, and Mail Notify, a messaging service for both users and dApps. Dmail's AI Assistant, powered by ChatGPT4, enhances message editing, replying, organization, and marketing capacity.